Wednesday, 25 February 2009

All work!

Morning
Where does the time go!
I keep meaning to post some photos of the Scottish Night, what a laugh we had!
Its nice to be the youngest at a function these days and boy were we! The food was lovely, cock a leekie soup, Haggis,Neeps and Tatties, Scottish Trifle and a wonderful cheese selection. Julian was over joyed that on our table of 8 he was the only whisky drinker so he got everyone drams! The haggis was piped in and after dinner we were "treated " to scottish dancing. I swear the average age of the dancers was 90! Anyway we all had a go which caused great hilarity. The night ended with folk singing then Julian and I staggered the 10m across the road home stuffed with food and still laughing! Pictures will follow.
Please can everyone wish Harry luck tomorrow as he is representing his school in the regional final of the team Maths challenge, he is so proud and excited. It is quite an achievement for him as he is badly dyslexic and school can be a struggle for him at times ( and us where homework is concerned!).
What else is new....I fancy having a tortoise !!! I am working on the others.
Been doing masses of cooking, inspired by masterchef. Made lovely crab and corncakes with chilli dipping sauce followed by red Thai curry on saturday night. Yesterday we made Beef Rendang , an indonesian curry with was very nice. Today I will make more soup and fish pie.
Of course yesterday we also had pancakes.
Right a busy day looms.....I must get the hairdye out I am going scarily grey.
Much love to all....
Louise xx

3 comments:

LYN said...

SOUNDS LIKE FUN...GOOD LUCK TO YOUR LAD!!

YOU SOUND SO HAPPY!! LOVE IT!!

slj said...

Good Luck Harry!
All the food that you mentioned sounds delicious. You can come to my house and cook if you want to..lol
Have a nice evening,
Sheri

~~louise~~ said...

Hi Louise,
Just popped in from "What do I want to Cook Today" I just had to "meet" another Louise:)

Good LUCK HARRY!

Your puppy is darling...